“Defensive building. Whenever it’s no zapping the enemy, the power of Electrickery is best kept grounded.”
- The Tesla is unlocked from the P.E.K.K.A.’s Playhouse (Arena 4).
- It is a single target, short ranged defensive building with both moderate hitpoints and damage.
- When not attacking, the Tesla will retreat underground, untouchable by enemy units.
- A Tesla card costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- The Tesla is effective against small hordes of troops, such as Skeletons, and can zap away some health from moderate health troops at a decent rate. It also deals moderate damage to higher hitpoints troops such as the Baby Dragon, and can also take out a Lava Hound and its pups without any assistance.
- When it retreats underground, the Tesla is unaffected by damage-dealing spells such as the Rocket and Lightning, and cannot be targeted by any troops. However, the retreat is not instant, enabling quick troops like Spear Goblins to get a hit off before it goes underground. The retreat can also be stopped with a Freeze spell, enabling the player to attack the Tesla at leisure.
- The Tesla can be frozen by the Freeze while underground, so it won’t pop up when enemies are in range while the Freeze is active on it. This allows troops to bypass a Tesla and head straight for the Crown Tower, as it can’t be targeted while hidden underground.
- The Tesla is an effective counter to long-range units when placed near the river, as they will have to wander into the Tesla’s range in order to attack it. Thus, when using long-range units, the player should provoke the Tesla with another troop first to prevent the long-range troop(s) from wandering into its range and being destroyed.
- The Tesla is great at distracting enemy troops that target buildings, such as the Giant and Hog Rider. By placing it in the middle of the player’s part of Arena, the troops will target it instead of the Towers if it is not frozen.
- The Tesla’s re-targeting is rather slow, meaning that the player should send troops in large groups when attacking an enemy’s Tesla (like Skeleton Army).
- The Tesla can target both air and ground troops and has more health, so it can be interchangeable with the Cannon. It costs 1 more Elixir which is the major downside, however.
- Unlike other buildings, the Tesla takes up a 2×2 space as opposed to a 3×3 space. This means that it can fit in the gap between an Arena Tower and the edge of the Arena.
- It can support siege towers like X-Bows or Mortars from your side of the Arena.
- The Tesla’s mechanics are similar to its counterpart in Clash of Clans, the level 1 Hidden Tesla which it resembles. However, in Clash of Clans, the Tesla does not retreat underground when it is not actively attacking; it simply remains above ground for the rest of the attack.
- The Tesla is the only defense that can be placed symmetrically.
- The Tesla is the smallest building in the game.
- It is named after the Tesla Coil, a device invented by Nikola Tesla which can produce large amounts of AC current in frightening display. However, despite its name the Tesla does not include the namesake device in Clash Royale.
- The Tesla is the only building which retreats underground when it finishes attacking.
- The word ‘electrickery’ is a play on words, and a reference to the Tesla’s description in Clash of Clans.
- Although the Tesla has the same range as the Cannon (5.5 tiles), the Tesla is able to target Musketeers and Princesses due to its ability to become invulnerable when not attacking, forcing them to come into its targeting range before they can target it.
- If the Tesla is about to retreat and the Freeze is used on it, the retreating sound effect will loop.
- The Tesla is the only Common building so far that can target flying troops.
|Hit speed||Deploy time||Lifetime||Range||Target||Elixir Cost||Rarity||Type|
|0.7 sec||1 sec||1 min||6||Air and Ground||4||Common||Building|
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage||Damage per second|