“Two Barbarians holding a log charge at the nearest building, dealing significant damage if they connect; then they go to town with their swords!”
- The Battle Ram is unlocked from the Builder’s Workshop (Arena 6).
- It is a single-target, melee troop with both moderate hitpoints and damage. It targets buildings over other units.
- Like a Prince or Dark Prince, it will charge towards its target, and deals double damage if it hits its target whilst charging.
- Once the Battle Ram has hit a target or loses all its hitpoints, it will break and reveal two Barbarians underneath.
- A Battle Ram card costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- If you are running a Golem/Lava Hound-based deck, the Battle Ram can be used to destroy the opposing defensive buildings, allowing your tanks to go straight to the Crown Towers.
- It is best used with tanky slow troops like the Valkyrie because the tank will take the hits while the Ram destroys defensive buildings and attacks the tower.
- Zap and other stun/freeze cards can stun and reset the charge attack of the Battle Ram.
- Huge swarms like Skeleton Army and Minion Horde will destroy this card easily but be careful of splash troops.
- The Ice Wizard can cripple the Battle Ram by slowing it down as it charges. The Electro Wizard’s stun attack resets the charge and prevents it from charging again due to him constantly stunning his target.
- Pairing this card with very fast units can push the Battle Ram faster so it reaches the Crown Tower faster.
- On the other hand, the Battle Ram can be used to push other slower units in front of it, especially while it is charging.
- The Ice Spirit and Goblins can take down the Battle Ram with ease because the Ice Spirit freezes the Battle Ram while the Goblins deal massive damage to the Battle Ram.
- A Mini P.E.K.K.A can completely shut down a Battle Ram with assistance from the Tower.
- The Battle Ram works like a shield for the Barbarians carrying it in the sense that if you destroy the Battle Ram in one devastating blow, the Barbarians will have taken no damage.
- If the Battle Ram is destroyed while it is under the effects of Freeze, the spawned Barbarians will not be frozen.
- If the player doesn’t have any other counters to a Prince or Mini P.E.K.K.A., they can use the Battle Ram as a last-resort distraction card as it summons 2 Barbarians if destroyed.
- Since the Battle Ram by itself can do more damage to a Crown Tower than a Hog Rider, it may be a good idea to deploy this card in the other lane to pressure your opponent to spend Elixir to defend.
- A Tombstone can be a very effective counter to the Battle Ram. The building will take the brunt of the Battle Ram’s hit, and the spawned Skeletons will be able to distract and damage the Barbarians to protect the towers.
- The Barbarians that carry the ram are 2 levels higher than the ram itself.
- Just like all charged attack troops, the Battle Ram’s charge can be reset by Zap, Freeze, Lightning, Ice Spirit, Electro Wizard, or even your own Clone.
- It’s one of the 4 cards associated with Barbarians, the others being Barbarians, Elite Barbarians, and Barbarian Hut.
- 2 Barbarians are worth 2.5 Elixir, meaning the ram is only 1.5 Elixir without Barbarians.
- It’s one of three cards that have a charge, the other two being the Prince and Dark Prince.
- However, the Battle Ram is the only card that charges at buildings and is the only Rare card to charge.