“He throws his axe like a boomerang, striking all enemies on the way out AND back. It’s a miracle he doesn’t lose his arm.”
The Executioner is unlocked from the Jungle Arena (Arena 9). He is an area damage, ranged troop with high hitpoints and moderate damage. He throws his axe in a straight line; it will then fly back to him, dealing its damage twice. An Executioner card costs 5 Elixir to deploy.
- The Executioner’s long range, air-targeting, and area damage makes him a strong alternative for a Witch or Wizard in a beat-down deck.
- Although his range is 4.5 tiles, his axe will actually travel 6.5 tiles, allowing him to damage units behind his target. What’s more, the axe itself has a 1 tile radius so the Executioner can technically reach 7.5 tiles. To prevent unnecessary damage, separate you troops and never put them in front of your Crown Towers.
- His hit speed comes in two parts; 0.9 seconds to throw his axe and 1.5 seconds for his axe to return. This adds up to an overall 2.4-second hit speed.
- Rage and slowing effects will only affect how long it takes him to throw his axe and will not apply to the axe once in motion, even if frozen. Therefore hit speed changes barely make a difference. Even when he’s pulled backwards by Tornado, the axe still takes 1.5 seconds to return.
- Due to many of his characteristics, Executioner is an excellent defender who can control a line by himself.
- There is a very strong synergy between Executioner and Tornado. Tornado pulls enemies into position and Executioner splashes them all. This combo is capable of destroying supports behind a tank while pulling the tank away from your Crown Tower.
- Executioner is also excellent counter to swarms of all kinds, capable of defeating most low-cost units with one throw of his axe. However, he has a slow hit speed (2.4 seconds) so he may be overwhelmed by Barbarians.
- The Executioner has moderately low damage per second, so medium-hitpoint units such as the Mini P.E.K.K.A., Valkyrie or Knightcan counter him.
- Since the Executioner has a linear attack similar to the Bowler, he can attack support units that are behind a tank.
- Like the Bowler, when the Executioner lands the final hit on a Tombstone, he will not only destroy the Tombstone but will also take out the spawned Skeletons immediately.
- Like most splash units, surrounding the Executioner only allows him to target one unit at a time making his splashing mechanic useless.
- If he is defeated while his axe is not in his hand, the axe will fly back to where he was defeated and deal damage to whatever is there.
- The Executioner is one of the troops that have a visual effect of dropping their equipment if defeated, along with the Knight, the Sparky, the Mega Knight, Dark Prince, Guards, and Mega Minion.
- The Executioner’s personal name is Falce which is revealed if the game’s language is set to Japanese. Although the word “falce” means “sickle” in Italian, the Executioner uses an axe as his weapon.
|Cost||Hit Speed||Speed||Deploy Time||Range||Target||Count||Transport||Type||Rarity|
|5||2.4 sec||Medium||1 sec||5||Air & Ground||×1||Ground||Troop||Epic|
|Level||Hitpoints||Area Damage||Damage per second|
|1||760||106 x2||44 x2|
|2||836||116 x2||48 x2|
|3||919||128 x2||53 x2|
|4||1010||140 x2||58 x2|
|5||1109||154 x2||64 x2|
|6||1216||169 x2||70 x2|
|7||1337||186 x2||77 x2|
|8||1466||204 x2||85 x2|