P.E.K.K.A: The main tanker and the main damage dealer of this deck but you don’t need to push with her all the time because of the high Elixir cost. Ideally you should play defensively and place her down at the back of your King’s Tower once you have an Elixir advantage. By the time she has crossed the river, you will have enough Elixir to place other support troops behind her.
Witch is P.E.K.K.A’s best friend in this deck. She can easily fend off little distraction with her AoE damage and Skeletons. Ideally placed behind the P.E.K.K.A on offense.
Valkyrie is another perfect guard for the P.E.K.K.A. She is the secondary tanker of this deck and is perfect on defense. If your opponent plays swarms, you will want to place her right next to your P.E.K.K.A. If your opponent play heavy hitters such as Mini P.E.K.K.A, you will want to use Valkyrie in front of the P.E.K.K.A. You will want to launch the push with P.E.K.K.A + Witch + Valkyrie in almost every battle as this is the core push of this deck.
Skeletons are great for kitting and distracting troops. You can use Skeletons to kill lone Musketeer, Wizard, Spear Goblins, Witch,… They are great at distracting Inferno Tower on offense to protect your P.E.K.K.A.
Fire Spirits is another very important card in this deck. With the Fire Spirits, you can easily deal with Minion Horde and Barbarians and completely protect your P.E.K.K.A as well as gain an Elixir advantage. I really like using this card, especially after the update, its damage radius got increased. Due to their damage, you will want to upgrade them to level 6 as soon as possible. As this is a common card, this doesn’t take a really long time! If your Fire Spirits are below level 6, you can somehow replace them with Arrows. Ideally, place them behind your P.E.K.K.A. Using this card requires a good prediction, especially when your opponent has Spells. I did write a special guide for this card before at here, please take a look guys!
Fireball is the most versatile spell in Clash Royale in my humble opinion. It can be effectively used to take down weakened Tower, to stop any large push, swarms,… It is just a good spell.
Musketeer is an extremely versatile troop. She is very useful in both offense and defense. On offense, she can easily deal with Baby Dragon and any tanker. On offense, she can easily outrange Cannon and with her pretty insane attack range, she can easily protect and support your P.E.K.K.A.
Guards: You can somehow replace Guards with Cannon, Inferno Tower, Goblins, Mini P.E.K.K.A or Skeleton Army. I have changed this slot loads of time and finally found Guards is the best.
- The best starting cards you want to have are Valkyrie and Witch. Just don’t place your P.E.K.K.A first unless whether it actually makes sense (your opponent plays Golem or another P.E.K.K.A) or your opponent leaves the match. If you want to push first, you can place your Witch behind your King’s Tower.
- If your opponent plays Hog Rider, you can easily counter it with Guards and Skeletons. Zap can take off Skeletons but Guards. You will take some chip damage but because this is a P.E.K.K.A deck, it’s totally okay.
- If your opponent plays defensive buildings, you can bait them out by using Valkyrie + Musketeer before playing P.E.K.K.A. Don’t Fireball defensive buildings unless you have Fire Spirits in your hands.
- If you face another P.E.K.K.A deck, try your best!
- If you think you are not going to win, try to play defensively and don’t hesitate to get the draw. Each deck has its own absolute counters and good players are ones who know when should play defensively. Play your P.E.K.K.A as the meat shield on offense and use Fireball + Fire Spirits to remove a large group of troops.
- If you face Golem/Giant deck, just do your best. I strongly believe you can easily counter those ones with this deck!