Recommended card levels (for Arena 7 and above): Hog Rider level 5, Musketeer level 5, Valkyrie level 5, Inferno Tower level 5 (or Cannon level 7), Elixir Collector level 4, Arrows level 7, Skeletons level 7 and Freeze level 2.
Hog Rider. Along with Freeze, Hog Rider is the core, the main damage dealer of this deck. Just don’t attack with Hog Rider alone because it is very easy to counter him and you will put yourself to an Elixir disadvantage.
Freeze: We all love using this card! It is good for both offense and defense. Don’t Freeze the opponent’s defensive troop unless you couple him with Valkyrie or Musketeer. A backup troop will help you kill defensive troops while they are frozen, so your opponent won’t be able to launch a counter attack right after that.
Arrows: I don’t have much to say about this card. It is just extremely useful at dealing with Minion Horde, swarms and Princess. If your opponent has both, it’s better to use it on Minion Horde
Musketeer: One of my favorite cards in Clash Royale! She deals loads of damage and helps you take down beefy troops such as Giant, Valkyrie, Mini P.E.K.K.A, Hog Rider,… quickly. You can use her to deal with Cannon. When coupled with 1 Elixir Skeletons and Inferno Tower, you can easily deal with bug push such as P.E.K.K.A, Golem, Giant, Royal Giant,… and launch a counter push with your Hog Rider + Freeze right after that.
Valkyrie is a great card for dealing with ground swarms and Hog Rider pushes when you don’t have the Inferno Tower up. After defending, you can easily push with Hog+ Freeze + Valkyrie. Valkyrie + Freeze is a great combo for defending against tank + 3 Musketeers combo (very popular right now). If your opponent has Barbarians, you must save your Valkyrie for them. But If your opponent is smart, he will use Barbarians most of the time to kill your Hog Rider and it will be better to couple your Hog Rider with Valkyrie!
Inferno Tower: You can replace Inferno Tower with Cannon depending on your current Arena meta. After the last Clash Royale update, we have been facing Royal Giant a lot and that’s also why I strongly recommend using Inferno Tower. Inferno is also extremely strong against P.E.K.K.A, Golem, Giant Skeleton,… Just be careful and use it reactively!
Elixir Collector is your starring card in this deck. When you have it, place it behind your Tower. There is no need to place it in the middle since we have the Inferno Tower already. This card can force your opponents to attack (as they don’t want to waste Elixir) and you can defend with your cards then launch the counter attack right after that.
Skeletons are great for distracting Prince, P.E.K.K.A, Giant Skeleton, Musketeers, Wizards,… (read more about dealing with Wizard by using Skeletons at here). Sometimes, you can even use them to help your Hog bypass buildings!
Tips for using this deck
- Don’t Freeze opponent’s defending troops If your Hog is not coupled with Musketeer or Valkyrie as your opponent can launch a counter push and destroy your Tower. Of course unless it is at the end of the battle and you just want to finish off that Tower!
- Don’t place your Inferno Tower down as an opening move.
- Barbarians are the best counter to this deck. If your opponent uses them offensively, kill them with Valkyrie and use everything you have to launch a Hog Rider Freeze push!
- It’s okay do take damage If you know you can do a lot of more damage in the counter push.
- Musketeers + Skeletons is a great combo against Hog + Small troops push.
- If your Valkyrie and Musketeer have low HP after defending, your Hog Rider should soak damage for them once they have crosses the river, in order to keep them alive as long as you can.
- If your Valkyrie and Musketeer still have lots of HP after defending, it’s better to drop your Hog after them.
- Elixir Collector is your best starting hand. If you don’t have it, it’s better to just wait for your opponent’s move.
- If your opponent places down a troop behind his Tower, place your Valkyrie or Musketeer behind your Tower.
- Don’t hesitate to use your Freeze to defend!
- Hog can easily push your Valkyrie by using Hog Rider, read more about this trick at here!