- Royal Giant: Obviously, he is your win condition while playing with this deck. Try to not place your Royal Giant until you have an Elixir advantage.
- Barbarians: I use them to defend most of the time due to their slow movement speed. Sometimes I send them on offense too when my opponent doesn’t have the Fireball. Barbarians are your Royal Giant, Giant, Sparky,.. killers. Barbarians + Goblins is a simple but stunning combo to push, just don’t use it If your opponent has either Bomb Tower or Fireball.
- Tombstone is the MVP of this deck. I use it to defend against Sparky, Hog Rider, Giants, Prince, Giant Skeleton,… or even Royal Giant. There are tons of ways you guys can use to defend with this deck.
- Spear Goblins are very flexible. We can use them in lots of situations on defense, from distracting, luring to killing troops. Sometimes, If I have to spend my Elixir, I will usually drop them behind my Tombstone to make sure the opponent’s Hog Rider can’t hit my Tower. On offense, they can help you deal chip damage and it’s very important If you can’t finish off your opponent before the 2x Elixir time.
- Musketeer is our high DPS defensive troop in this deck. After every successful defend, you will want to launch a counter push with her. You will want to place her at the very center of your side so she can hit troops freely.
- Wizard is obviously used to protect your Royal Giant from Barbarians, Skeletons, Goblins,… He is also very nice on defense and we always can launch a counter push with him.
- Elixir Collector – Everyone knows how to use it and I talked about it lots of times before, not today my friends!
Although this deck is made for Arena 7 but I was playing with it in Arena 8 and everything was very smooth. I haven’t found any major problem with this deck. I would like to say that the hardest decks I have played against are Hut Deck and Sparky Decks.
- Luckily, we rarely meet Hut Decks these days! But somehow, If you face a Hut Deck, you should time your Royal Giant and Wizard correctly, otherwise, it’s better to try to play for a draw, just use your Royal Giant to soak damage whenever you want.
- Sparky Deck is also a pretty hard matchup and because of its popularity in this meta game, I want to place the Tombstone in this deck, instead of Cannon. Tombstone + Barbarians is a decent combo I usually use to deal with Sparky and gain an Elixir Advantage right after that and it’s the most successful defensive method of this deck. You will want to surround the Sparky with your Barbarians to prevent it from killing them all at a time!
The win condition of this deck is mostly through some pushes interspersed throughout the battle with the Royal Giant. Sometimes, I can easily take down a Tower If I have an Elixir Advantage and make the most of it properly. Always save your troops to defend, especially the Tombstone, the only defensive building you have while using this Royal Giant deck.
At the beginning of the battle, you will want to place either Elixir Collector, Musketeer, Spear Goblins or Tombstone at first and start playing defensively during the first 2 minutes. Only place the Royal Giant down once you have an Elixir Advantage. Be smart and keep a cool head! Don’t be mad, don’t’ rush, you need patient while using this deck!