- The Balloon is unlocked from Arena 2.
- Balloon is a powerful card which target buildings only. Balloon can deal a lot of damage with its bomb, also, when destroyed, it will release a large bomb from the underneath and deal massive splash damage to everything nearby.
|Hit Speed||Speed||Deploy Time||Range||Target||Cost||Count||Rarity||Type|
|3 sec||Medium||1 sec||Melee||Buildings||5||x1||Epic||Troop|
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage per Hit||Damage per second||Death Damage|
The reason it is now overpowered is because now it is a lot harder to counter. If you play Minion Horde on it incorrectly, it now actually generates positive Elixir trade for the opponent, because it will deal 200 or so damage to the tower and kill all the minions. One shots Archers, Goblins, and EVEN Princesses!
Now, after ranting about how the Balloon is far too powerful, let me talk about the strategy. First, let’s talk about the golden rules of the Balloon.
Golden Rule #1: NEVER SEND THE BALLOON BY ITSELF. I have seen this many times from several people, new players and even professionals. The Balloon is not known as a tank. Sure, it has a decent amount of HP, but glass cannons like Mega Minion and Musketeer will shred it. You want to use a tank such as Giant, Ice Golem or Lava Hound, but never send it by itself or you may just be throwing away 5 Elixir.
Golden Rule #2: Never use the Balloon to try to beat the enemy player’s push. Sure, it does quite a lot of damage, but it is very slow and is countered easily by almost everything that targets air. In this meta, Elite Barbarians and Hog Riders are the main part of it. They are much more faster and stronger at taking the tower out then the Balloon. The Balloon is used to deal waves of damage and slowly killing the enemy tower, while Elite Barbarians and Hog Riders are used for 500+ chip damage. You really don’t use the Balloon as chip damage.
Golden rule #3: Always have a spell prepared. When the balloon flies towards the enemy tower, they will almost always send out a defense troop, like ice spirit+ ranged troop, musketeer, minion horde, mega minion, or a furnace. When they do that, you want to have a arrows or fireball spell ready to take them out.
Now those were the three golden rules. Now time to go in more in depth strategy.
What is the best card to use with balloon?
Well, Balloon is great with almost every tank. Here’s the list of them from 1-3.
- Lava Hound: This card is simply the best card to pair with Balloon because they are both air and the Balloon can’t slip away from the Lava Hound as easier. Also can take out a tower and a King tower with the Lava Hound’s high HP and the Balloon’s ridiculous DPS.
- Ice Golem: Giant used to be in this spot, but this card is much cheaper and helps get rid of some of balloon’s enemies. The Ice Golem is a 2 elixir card that is one of the best cards right now. See more about it at here. It is a very versatile cheap push that can take a tower. One of the best options at the moment!
- Giant: Though the ages of Giant Poison are over, the Giant’s popular is now renewed due to the elite barbarians buff and balloon buff. He is a very powerful tank who does a ridiculous amount of damage per punch, about 200. He shreds thru buildings and holds his ground against Furnaces, Cannons, Teslas. The Inferno Tower turns him into paper, that’s why there’s the balloon to support him to destroy the inferno tower, though you may want to carry zap or lightning.
Those are the best tanks/mini tanks to pair the Balloon with!
These cards are also decent to pair the Balloon:
- Knight: He deals well with ground troops and has a good amount of health to tank tower hits.
- Baby Dragon: Not a bad mini tank, not much health but will clear out those minions. Watch out for Mega Minions and Inferno Towers though!
- Golem: In my opinion, too expensive and not worth enough because the balloon will sometimes fly past the Golem and be quickly killed by a few Minions. But a decent choice.
- Valkyrie: Okay with Balloon, clears out the Musketeers, Wizards, and Archers that are firing at the Balloon and has a decent amount of health.
- Bowler: Interesting and fun, with his rocks pushing away the ground troops that are targeting your balloon. Unfortunately, his health is a little bit on the low side.
- Bad Mini tanks to pair balloon with:
- Royal Giant: He doesn’t soak up the damage and the balloon’s going to most likely be destroyed by a horde of minions or a musketeer.
- Hog Rider: Runs way to quickly, dies, then the balloon gets popped by a few spear goblin trolls.
- Elite Barbarians: They’re already good by themselves. If your running elite barbs in a deck, don’t run balloon.
Best Non-Tank Cards to Pair with Balloon
- Freeze: The Freeze spell, after getting nerfed a huge amount, may have just rose back to power after the balloon got buffed. It makes the Balloon have a very high chance to get one hit off. You may think that’s crappy, but it’s actually pretty good because the opponent’s going to send something to kill the Balloon, or else it’s a free tower, so the balloon’s bomb will clear out most of the little troops and deals 700-800 damage to the enemy tower.
- Lumberjack: A fun card to play with, he cuts down troops from the ground level, and when he dies, his rage spell speeds up the Balloon making it quite easy to get a hit off. Also, make sure to bring arrows for that minion horde.
- Princess This lady protects the balloon from many troops except the Mega Minion, sniping the Minions, Spear Goblins, and Fire Spirits to save the balloon from harm. Though watch out for The Log or Arrows.
- Mega Minion The Mega Minion is a sort of escort for the Balloon, helping the Balloon survive by one hit killing enemy Minions, Archers, and Spear Goblins. Though watch out for Rocket and Fireball.
- Ice Spirit: This one is one of my favorites. For a deal of one Elixir, you can save your Balloon from certain death. It can shut down an Inferno Tower, let your Balloon deal a extra hit onto the enemy tower, or damage some Minions so your Zap or Princess can finish them off. A extremely powerful card before nerfed, but still a staple in the meta. 1 Elixir for a card that can make your Balloon much more deadly.
And also, Fireball, Zap, and Arrows are amazing with Balloon. You shouldn’t have to be explained why they are good.
Decent Cards to use Balloons with:
- Rage Spell: Makes your push with the Balloon go faster and destroy enemies quicker.
- Wizard: A bit expensive, but okay if it’s high level. I really hate wizard though, lol.
- Giant Skeleton: His bomb clears everything, and the Balloon deals damage. A good strategy for low level players.
Balloon can bypass buildings in the middle if you put it on the very edge of the Arena. A handy and neat trick to not run into a Tesla or a Furnace!
Always check to see how much death damage your Balloon does, so if you need to you can use it to kill a very low HP enemy tower.