Note: These changes are not live yet! They’re coming on 3/13.
The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats – in particular, card use rates and win rates. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.
In this round of balance changes we’re making a few smaller card tweaks for consistency and quality of life improvements.
Executioner: Axe hit radius +10%
- We’re returning some of his former glory – his original lane control power – to compensate for the upcoming bug fixes.
The Log: Damage -4%, Range to 11.1 (from 11.6)
- A bit less chip damage to towers and slightly shorter range will help tone down this highly used card.
Arrows: Projectile speed +33%
- Your Giant is often dead by the time Arrows land on the Minion Horde attacking him… so we’re making them fly a bit quicker, seeing as not everyone is a Jedi.
Clone: No longer resets charging troops (Princes, Sparky, etc.)
- This is a nice quality of life improvement for the underused Clone spell. Troops affected by a Clone will no longer stop charging – be it a charging Prince or a charging-up Sparky. However, the Clones themselves will start charging from scratch, as if just deployed.
Lumberjack: Rage Duration +1.5sec and +0.5sec per level
- This change is for consistency with the Rage spell, but it also serves as a little boost to the Lumberjack.
Bomb Tower: Projectile speed +66%
- A slight boost to help the Bomb Tower hit faster moving targets.
Electro Wizard: No longer permanently stuns
- This is a fix and clarification of the stun/freeze mechanics: All stun/freeze effects will now pause the target’s attack, causing them to retarget when they resume. Exceptions are Sparky, Inferno Tower and Inferno Dragon, which will still be reset by stun/freeze effects.
Tornado: Can be placed on top of buildings
- Tornado still won’t deal any damage to buildings (or pull them), but at least you’ll be able to play it directly on top of them if you wish!