- Gold is the basic resource of Clash Royale. Gold can be used to upgrade Cards, buy cards from the Shop, or to create a Clan.
- Gold is found in Chests and received from donating Cards to your Clan. It can also be bought with Gems.
- The maximum amount of Gold any player can have at one time is 1,000,000 Gold.
- Gold is found in every chest. The amount varies based on the chest. See the Chests page.
- You can also get Gold by donating cards:
- You get 5 Gold for each common card and 50 Gold for each rare card donated.
- After you have maxed out a Card, you can still store additional copies of that Card in your collection, with the number of copies you can store depending on its rarity (100 Common, 10 Rare, 1 Epic and 1 Legendary). Any additional copies above this limit will automatically be converted into gold; with Common cards being worth 5 Gold, Rare cards being worth 50 Gold, Epic cards being worth 1,000 Gold and Legendary cards being worth 20,000 Gold.
- You can earn Gold by winning an Arena match, this can be done a maximum of 20 times daily.
- You can also purchase Gold for the following amounts of Gems:
|Image in Shop||Name||Gold pieces||Gems|
|1 Pouch||1,000 Gold pieces||60 Gems|
|1 Bucket||10,000 Gold pieces||500 Gems|
|1 Wagon||100,000 Gold pieces||4,500 Gems|
- Use your Gold to upgrade your cards, the amount needed increases as the card levels increase.
- In addition, you can buy extra cards from the Shop, with a starting cost of 2 Gold for Common, 20 for Rare, 2,000 for Epic and 40,000 for Legendary cards.
- You also need 1,000 gold to start a Clan.
- On 3/5/16, the May Update increased the maximum Gold cap to 1,000,000 (from 500,000).
- You can make profit by buying two Common and Rare cards each. They cost 2+4 (6) Gold and 20+40 (60) Gold respectively. Donating each Common card gives 5 gold which gives you a profit of 3+1 (4) gold. Donating a Rare card gives 50 gold which gives you a profit of 30+10 (40) gold. Overall profit from this is 44 Gold.